Episode 8: Our First Deals in Real Estate


Welcome to episode 8 with the Better Together Realty Group.  Today we are going to tell the stories of our first deals in real estate. 


Dayna’s First Deal:

My first deal was kind of fun. It came from a friend at the gym where I teach yoga classes. She was a first time home buyer and it was my first deal, so we were both excited, nervous, and eager. It went pretty well. We probably saw more houses than we needed too, but it was a learning experience for both of us. One positive thing from the whole transaction was working with a lender and title company that was very supportive. We had a great working relationship with them so it made the transaction go very smooth. 



Haleigh’s first Deal:

My very first deal in real estate was kind of picture perfect. I was the only person in the office on this day. The phone kept ringing and I didn’t know what to do, so I just answered it. The person on the other end wanted to see 123 Main St. and I’m ready to buy a house. I thought, Oh my goodness! It worked! I got my real estate license, someone called and they want to buy a house and I can show you! I went out, showed them a house that day. That one didn’t work, so I showed them about 2-3 others and we got under contract and it closed in about 30-40 days later and then I got a commission check. Again, I thought, Oh my goodness, this is so easy. I can totally do this. Then nothing has ever been that easy since then. My first one was kind of funny. I was the only person in the office, I got this client, stayed really good friends with them and still talk to them to this day. 


Colton’s first deal:

Some people’s first transaction in real estate is super smooth, some are really bumpy, some are these learning experiences. Mine was a healthy mix of all of them. We saw a bunch of houses, a lot of things my client liked and didn’t like. When we finally found the one that was for them, I felt all this pressure because it was a young family, starting out, with a baby on the way. We get through the entire process. Do the walk through, do everything we need too, everything looks good, and then we close on the house and I got to learn how to bring in vendors to fix a problem that wasn’t a problem before we closed on the house. We came into the house the next day and there was this really bad smell of cat urine. Long story short, it was really hard to get out. But we had plenty of vendors, plenty of professionals who were capable of eliminating odors. So, if you ever have a problem of any kind, trust your real estate professional. 


Thank you so much. We hope that you enjoyed that. Please comment below and tell us what your first sell or purchase in real estate was or comment below if you want to make one. We would love to help you out and as always you can call, text, or e-mail us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 5: To list or not to list before putting in an offer

Episode 6: Goals Check In

Episode 2: Where To Searching For A Home?